- Philosopher's path
- Heidelberg Manuscript Department
- Heidelberg sugar shop
- Botanical Garden
- Antique shops in the old town
- Heidelberg breweries
- The Heidelberg Fairytale Paradise Park
1. Philosopher's pathThis picturesque walk offers you a breathtaking view of the old town, the castle and the Neckar. Grab your thinker's hat and enjoy the inspiring atmosphere in which famous philosophers have walked. You can start a beautiful hike at the Kopfel indoor swimming pool . It leads through forest paths, past the Moltkehütte, along the Snake Path to the Philosopher's Path. Here you can enjoy the view and the variety of plants. The tour ends with a detour to the Bismarck Column, from where you have a great view of Heidelberg.
2. HeiligenbergThe Heiligenberg is a historic hill on the outskirts of the city and, in addition to an impressive view of Heidelberg, also offers the opportunity to visit the ruins of St. Stephen's Monastery and the Thingstätte, an open-air theater from the Nazi era. It's best to park in the hiking car park , from where it's just a short walk.
3. KönigstuhlThe Königstuhl is located at 550 meters above sea level, is the highest point in Heidelberg and offers a spectacular view of the city and the surrounding area. Once at the top, you can marvel at Heidelberg Castle in all its splendor and enjoy nature. We recommend that you combine this with a ride on the beautiful Heidelberg mountain railway. The best way to do this is to get on at the Kornmarkt and change at Molkenkur. From this point you can reach the Königstuhl with one of the oldest electrically operated mountain railways.
4. Charles GateThe Karlstor is an impressive baroque building that served as the western city gate. It is less well known than the eastern city gate, the Brückentor, but just as fascinating. With its magnificent decorations, it is truly impressive. It is part of the historic city fortifications and provides an insight into the past of Heidelberg's architecture.
5. Heidelberg Manuscript DepartmentIn the Heidelberg manuscript department of the university library you can marvel at rare and valuable medieval manuscripts. A real insider tip for anyone interested in history and literature. Opening times are Mon-Thurs: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Fri: 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
6. Heidelberg sugar shopThe Heidelberger Zuckerladen is a traditional sweet shop that has existed for over 100 years. In addition to the famous Heidelberg student kiss, you will also find many other sweet treats here.
7. Botanical GardenThe Botanical Garden of Heidelberg University is an idyllic place to relax from the hustle and bustle of the city and discover the diverse flora.
8. Antique shops in the old townThe old town of Heidelberg is home to some charming antique shops where you can browse for rare books, works of art and collectibles. A paradise for book lovers and treasure hunters.
9. Heidelberg BreweriesIn Heidelberg there are several local breweries that you can visit to taste traditional German beers. Discover the art of brewing in Heidelberg and be surprised by the different types of beer.
10. The Heidelberg Fairytale Paradise ParkJust outside the city center is the Heidelberg Fairytale Paradise Park , a family-friendly place that brings fairy tales and stories to life. Here you can immerse yourself in the world of the Brothers Grimm and spend a relaxing day with the whole family.
11. Souvenirs from HeidelbergOf course, this is not an insider tip. Nevertheless, we would be very happy if you would complete your tour in our shop at the Holy Spirit Church . A small souvenir to take home rounds off every trip!
ConclusionHeidelberg has so much more to offer than just the famous sights. These insider tips for tourists in Heidelberg show you the city's hidden treasures and enable unique experiences off the beaten track. On your next visit to Heidelberg, you should definitely try out some of these tips and discover the charming city in all its facets. And if you have any questions or just need a few tips, please feel free to talk to us in our shop at the Holy Spirit Church! We are pleased to help you. Have fun exploring!
[In-house advertising] [featured_products per_page="8" columns="4" orderby="menu_order" order="ASC"]